Riddikulus is the main spell used for protection against Boggarts. It changes the shape of Boggart into funny shape and neutralizes the target. After Boggart turns into funny shape it becomes benignant.
Boggarts can only have neutralized with happy and positive thoughts. Riddikulus is the only protection spell against Boggarts. Even this spell can’t destroy Boggarts, it can distract the target.
This spell’s creator and origins are unknown. Riddikulus spell thought in Hogwarts in third year. Harry Potter learned the Riddikulus spell from Remus Lupin.
Riddikulus spell known as very simple. It just requires concentration so because of this, nearly every single student cast spell this very easily.
Special Notes About the Spell
- Even it seen Riddikulus spell turned Boggarts into funny shape, in Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire it mentioned as Riddikulus not turns into funny shape instead of this, it turns the Boggart into a smoke. Also as it mentioned in many pages on Pottermore. Riddikulus is not directly changing Boggarts into funny shapes, instead of that it turns it into different shapes.
Known Users of the Spell
- Every Third Year Student of Hogwarts
- Harry Potter
- Molly Weasley
Where it Mentioned?
- Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban (First Time – Movie, Book and Video Game) Hogwarts third year students used this spell for the first time in Professor Remus Lupin’s Lessons.
- Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire (Book)
- Harry Potter and Order of Phoenix (Book)