The Lumos spell allows wizards to create a light from the tip of the wand and lighen around. Lumos is one of the handiest spells in a Wizard’s arsenal. The light created at the tip of the wand can be thrown far to use lighten distant surrounds.
There is a stronger version of Lumos called Lumos Maxima. Along with that spell, there is even stronger version of it, called Lumos Solem. Solem means “Sun” in Latin, and when wizard casts Lumos Solem, a light appears bright and hot as Sun. Even the light is hot, it won’t damage around.
Lumos is taught to Hogwarts students starting from their second year at the school.
Versions of This Spell
Lumos is the normal version of spell. It is suitable for beginner wizards.
It is the stronger version of Lumos spell. It creates more bright light.
Strongest version of the spell. It creates a light bright as sun.
Special Notes About the Spell
- Lumos is only created for third movie of Harry Potter series. Even it appears on movies, it’s not present in the books.
Known Users of the Spell
- Albus Dumbledore
- Filius Flitwick
- Harry Potter
- Violeta Stitch
- Newt Scamander
- All of Hogwarts second year students.
Where it Mentioned?
- Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban (First Time – Movie)
- Harry Potter and Half-Blood Price (Movie)
- Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows (Movie)
- Harry Potter for Kinect (Video Game)