This spell has an ability to open locked doors and windows. It can open anything locked. It is also effective against the things locked with Colloportus which is locking spell.
There is no information about creator of this spell. It’s created in Africa for the first time. As records shows it usage seen in 17th century for the first time by Eldon Elsrickle in England. Elsrickle did many robberies in Muggle and wizard houses. Elsrickle was known with plenty of burglaries until Blagdon Blay created a spell called “Anti-Alohomara” which blocks Colloportus spell.
There were spells called Portaberto and Open Sesame before Alohomora but they weren’t effective as Alohomora.
Alohomora büyüsüne karşı gelebilen tek büyü Anti-Alohomora olarak bilinmektedir. Büyülü kilitler, yine normal kilitlerde olduğu gibi bu büyü ile açılabilmektedir.
Alohomora spell’s only mithridate is Anti-Alohomora spell. Magical locks can also unlock with Alohomora spell as normal locks can too.
Special Notes About the Spell
- In an interview in 2008, J.K Rowling mentioned “Alohomora” word came from an ancient West African language. It means “Friend of the thefts”
- There is also a powerful version of the spell called Alohomora Duo.
Known Users of the Spell
- Eldon Elsrickle
- Newt Scamander
- Lord Voldemort
- Albus Potter
- Hermione Granger
- Scorpius Malfoy
Where it Mentioned?
- Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s Stone (First Time – Book, Movie and Video Game)
- Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets (Book, Movie and Video Game)
- Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban (Book, Movie and Video Game)
- Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire (Video Game)
- Harry Potter and Order of Phoenix (Book and Movie)
- Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince (Book)
- Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows (Book)
- Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Video Game)