The famous Philosopher’s Stone, also known as Sorcerer’s Stone, put Harry Potter into great adventures even in his first year at Hogwarts. The Philosopher’s Stone is a magical object which can be used for various purposes. This precious stone has an ability to change any metal object into the gold, but most importantly, it’s an ingredient for Life Elixir which gives immortality to one who drinks it, that’s the main reason why Lord Voldemort want to steal Philosopher’s Stone.
Precious Philosopher’s Stone created by famous alchemist Nicolas Flamel. It saved by Harry Potter with trapping Lord Voldemort into a lure.
Before that day, Philosopher’s Stone was secured in Gringotts Bank, vault 713. Due to rumours about someone was targeting the Philosopher’s Stone, it was moved to Hogwarts by Hagrid in line with the assignment which Dumbledore gave to him. Just in the next day of Sorcerer’s Stone’s transfer to Hogwarts a break-in happened in Gringotts Bank, and that lead Dumbledore to hide Philosopher’s Stone in a place called Chamber of Secrets which secured with seven different magical creatures. But Potter and friends were suspicious about if stone was stolen from Chamber of Secrets and they start to think it is stolen inside of Chamber of Secrets, so they decided to check it and that lead them into a great adventure.
To reach Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley fight against a lot of obstacles and magical creatures who guarding the way. In their great adventure, the trio saw the wizarding chess for the first time. With Weasley’s great performance, they won a magical chess game on their way and reached the Chamber of Secrets.
In Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter came across with Quirrell and Lord Voldemort. Potter, acted heroically and as result of a great strife, he managed to save Philosopher’s Stone from Voldemort.
After Potter had saved the Philosopher’s Stone, it destroyed by Flamel and Dumbledore.
- Lord Voldemort (Stopped by Potter before using the Stone)
- Nicolas Flamel (He used Philosopher’s Stone to create gold several times, as mentioned in his books.)
Where it Mentioned?
- Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s Stone (First Time – Movie and Book) Harry Potter had saved the Philosopher’s Stone by fighting with Lord Voldemort.
- Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire (Movie and Book)
- Harry Potter and Order of Phoenix (Movie and Book)
- Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince (Movie and Book)
- Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows (Movie and Book)